Monday, July 12, 2010

Champagne!

As I was sitting on my flight marking up my Mahler score (Brett would love
to hear that!), the Qantas cabin crew asked what I was doing.

When I told them what Sydney Philharmonia is about to do, they were so
impressed, they gave me two bottles of French champagne as I disembarked
in London, to "share among the choir after the Royal Albert Hall
concert"!!

Needless to say I then sweated through customs, as I didn't have a
purchase receipt, but I must have an honest face as they waved me straight
through without checking... phew!

I'm sure we'll all enjoy a celebratory drink on Friday night!

Greg Lawler, tenor

1 comment:

  1. Was in Westminster Abbey for Evensong today and as a Londoner I was very moved by your wonderful Choir. Many congratulations. Looking forward to the First Night of the Proms.

    ReplyDelete